Friday, May 4, 2012

Personal Thank You from Kathleen

I have been feeling a need to post my great love and appreciation to all of you as it is too overwhelming to write individual notes at this time.  My words are inadequate, but heartfelt.  First of all I want to thank my Heavenly Father for His love and great plan for us.  I am thankful for my Savior and His atoning sacrifice which gives us strength beyond our own.  I have felt that.  I am thankful for the peace and comfort that comes from the Holy Ghost.

Thank you to the doctors, nurses and incredible staff at the IHC  Hospital for your care and great abilities in caring for Ed and being an instrument in saving his life.  You have been so wonderful! 

Thank you to the man who rendered immediate aid and called 911.

Thank you to our amazing family of sons and daughters (all of you) for your constant support and selfless acts and hours of service watching over your parents.  I am humbled by the truly great individuals you are.  We could not have done this without you!

Thank you to each of our sons for being worthy priesthood bearers who can administer those blessings in times of need, and for being so protective of your father.

Thank you to our daughters for your tender nurturing and for the wonderful blog and updates to each other through the days.  (And for cheering him on.)

Thank you to our grandchildren for your faith, prayers, visits, notes, and pictures.  Thank you for being so patient as you have had your routines interrupted and have been bounced around so your parents could watch over grandpa.  We are so sorry Kelsey to have missed your college graduation.  We are proud of you and also Bella who chose to go ahead with her baptism on her birthday.  You all bring us great joy.

Thank you to Scott, Mary, Chad, Ryan, and any others who have helped keep the business going.  Ed is blessed by your being so trustworthy and efficient.  We know he has many friends in the industry as well.

Thank you to siblings and extended family members for your support and prayers.  We know it has been hard for many who have wanted to be at his side as well as close friends and associates.  Thank you for your fasting, prayers, and caring.  We have all been so helpless, yet not alone. Thank you to all who have sent cards, messages, telephone calls, and to those who have brought food or other gifts of love.  Ed has so many who love and appreciate him.  Thank you for your friendships through the years. We so appreciate our ward and stake family as well.  We know of your desires to help out.  There will still be needs in the future when Ed gets back to visiting.  He is very much a "people person".  

  Thank you to new friends at the temple who are filling in for us during our leave and adding your faith to ours.   You are special!   (Also to those helping in our other church callings.)

Thank you Ed for your strength, for enduring and not giving up.  You have come through many great trials in your life and have always had the courage to keep going.  You are my hero.  I know you will be back to complete your assignments on earth .  Thank you for loving me.

2 comments:

  1. I echo what you said, and to you, Mom, I would like to thank you for your strength and support I have felt from you so often. I have enjoyed sitting with you in Dad's room and feeling of your testimony and love. I want nothing more than for all of this to just go away, but I think we have all grown closer together through this trial. Thanks for always being there for us. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete